18th August 2021
The Auckland and the Coromandel region has moved to Alert Level 4 for the next 7 days. This came into effect at 11.59pm on Tuesday 17th August.
The rest of New Zealand has moved to Alert Level 4 for the next 3 days. This came into effect at 11.59pm on Tuesday 17th August.
At Alert Level 4, it is likely COVID-19 is not contained.
- Sustained and intensive community transmission is occurring.
- Widespread outbreaks
- Delta variant
Range of measures that can be applied locally or nationally
- People are instructed to stay at home in their bubble other than for essential personal movement.
- Safe recreational activity is allowed in local area.
- Travel is severely limited.
- All gatherings are cancelled and all public venues are closed.
- Businesses are closed except for essential services – for example, supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics, petrol stations and lifeline utilities will stay open.
- Educational facilities are closed.
- Rationing of supplies and requisitioning of facilities is possible.
- Reprioritisation of healthcare services.
What all Alert Levels have in common
At all Alert Levels, essential services including health services, emergency services, utilities and goods transport will remain up and running. PCBU’s must continue to meet their health and safety obligations across all levels.
At all Alert Levels, if there is another emergency, follow normal emergency procedures. Emergency evacuation orders will override COVID-19 Alert System requirements to stay at home.
We realise that the unexpected shut down can cause emotional, financial concern, and / or stress.
Below are three links you may find useful. Mental health support, Coping with financial stress and WINZ:
- For mental health support see link here.
- If you are experiencing money concerns please see the link here
- If you have been affected by COVID-19, WINZ may be able to provide financial support. You may be self-isolating at home, or your work may be affected.
The Government is going to announce financial measures to help people through this crisis so be aware of the announcements in the coming days and see how this might help your situation.
We will share more information as soon as it comes to hand.
Ngā mihi nui
Screen Industry Guild of Aotearoa New Zealand
Call : +64 9 8899522 From ANYWHERE in NZ – ALWAYS Dial (09) | www.screenguild.co.nz
Promoting professional standards in the NZ Screen Production Industry
Last updated on 18 August 2021