Call for Applications for DEGNZ Drama Director Attachment on South Pacific Pictures TV Drama Series – WESTSIDE
DEGNZ invites applications for a Drama Director Attachment on production company South Pacific Pictures second Comedy Drama TV Series of WESTSIDE for TV3.
WESTSIDE is the prequel to hit SPP drama Outrageous Fortune. It is set in 1970s Auckland against a backdrop of real-life historical events. WESTSIDE tells the story of legendary safe cracker and career criminal Ted West, his wife Rita, their son Wolfgang and their friends, associates and nemeses. This second series will be produced by Mark Beasley.
This paid attachment will fall in the October – January 2016 period for a maximum of 6 weeks, depending on schedule and availability. It may include a small stand down period to allow for breaks in the schedule, with the aim of the Attachment getting to experience pre-production, production and post production on a major drama production. The attachment will cover 1 block (2 episodes).
Payment will be determined by negotiation with the production company and the level of experience of the applicant.
An opportunity exists for the Attachment to direct a scene in the production, but this is entirely at the discretion of South Pacific Pictures and its producer(s) and director—it is not guaranteed.
The aim of the attachment is to:
- develop and upskill new television drama directors and
- contribute to the ongoing production of quality future television drama and
- provide another training pathway to the limited opportunities currently available.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Full member of DEGNZ, and
- Have a keen interest in television drama, and
- Have 2 short film credits publicly screened to a paying audience at an NZFC accredited short film festival*, OR
- Have held a position as the first assistant director of a publicly distributed and released feature film or TV drama series OR
- Have won an award for a short film at an NZFC accredited film festival*, OR
- Have proven dramatic narrative experience in a screen medium
*The NZFC list of accredited short film festivals here.
To apply, please download the application form cover sheet from the DEGNZ website here, and submit the following in electronic form ONLY (Word file or PDF) by 9AM Monday 14 September 2015 to email@example.com with WESTSIDE in the Subject line:
- Completed Application Form Cover Sheet with your FULL DEGNZ Membership No., including links to your publicly screened works
- A full CV & Filmography
- A reference (from a senior screen industry practitioner)
- A proposal of a maximum of 1-page outlining why you want to do the attachment.
A shortlist will be developed from applicants. An interview may or may not be required.
We will notify you as to whether or not your application has been successful, but NO FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION and the decision will be final.
We look forward to receiving your applications. This initiative has been made possible with the support of NZ On Air and South Pacific Pictures.
Last updated on 12 March 2018