DEGNZ invites applications for a Drama Director Attachment on Filthy Productions’ comedy drama TV series DIRTY LAUNDRY for TV One.
DIRTY LAUNDRY, produced by Britta Hawkins, will centre on a middle-class family whose mother is jailed for money laundering. If her children want to keep the lifestyle to which they’re accustomed, they’ll need to keep the family business going.
This paid attachment is currently scheduled to take place for eight weeks commencing March 13. It may include a small stand down period to allow for breaks in the schedule, with the aim of the Attachment getting to experience pre-production, production and post production on a major drama production.
The attachment will cover 1 block (3 episodes) and the director will be one of New Zealand’s most experienced drama directors and long-time DEGNZ member Peter Burger.
Payment will be determined by negotiation with the production company and the level of experience of the applicant.
An opportunity exists for the Attachment to direct a scene in the production, but this is entirely at the discretion of Filthy Productions and its producer(s) and director—it is not guaranteed.
The aim of the attachment is to:
- develop and upskill new television drama directors and
- contribute to the ongoing production of quality future television drama and
- provide another training pathway to the limited opportunities currently available.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a FULL member of DEGNZ, and
- Have a keen interest in television drama, and
- Have 2 short film credits publicly screened to a paying audience at an NZFC accredited short film festival*, OR
- Have held a position as the first assistant director of a publicly distributed and released feature film or TV drama series OR
- Have won an award for a short film at an NZFC accredited film festival*, OR
- Have proven dramatic narrative experience in a screen medium
*The NZFC list of accredited short film festivals here.
To apply, please download the application form cover sheet from the DEGNZ website here, and submit the following in electronic form ONLY (Word file or PDF) by 9am Monday 16 November, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org with DIRTY LAUNDRY in the subject line:
• Completed Application Form Cover Sheet with your FULL DEGNZ Membership No., including links to your publicly screened works
• A full CV & Filmography
• A reference (from a senior screen industry practitioner)
• A proposal of a maximum of 1-page outlining why you want to do the attachment.
A shortlist will be developed from applicants. An interview may or may not be required.
We will notify you as to whether or not your application has been successful, but no further correspondence will be entered into regarding your application and the decision will be final.
We look forward to receiving your applications. This initiative has been made possible with the support of NZ On Air and Filthy Productions.
Last updated on 12 March 2018