The Ministry of Social Development’s Redeployment Support Service has been designed to help people at risk of job displacement by supporting them to retrain and retain their employment, or transition to new and appropriate employment or upskilling opportunities.
Services are available to all employers, contractors and self-employed people. Wherever you are based in New Zealand, MSD has regional teams across the country.
MSD offer a range of Redeployment Support services, including, but not limited to:
- One to One and/or Group Consultation for staff facing job loss
- Linking people to new employment, training and/or upskilling opportunities
- Advise for employers on financial support available to help retain and/or retrain staff into other areas of their business
- Connecting employers to business support agencies
- Providing collaborative events tailored for those at risk of losing their jobs, with a range of employers and organisations taking part
If you are or know of a business that’s struggling, someone going through a redundancy, or worried about their job, our Early Response Team is here to help. To arrange a confidential time to meet and discuss how MSD can support you, please email email@example.com and one of our team will be in contact.